To save energy, we deploy energy efficient equipment, thermally resistant building materials, controls and monitoring systems and operational utility efficiency improvements. When compared to 2000, Brookshire Grocery Company is using 19% less electric energy for all operations. That’s enough energy to power a small city the size of Mineola, Texas for a year.
Energy efficient initiatives for our facilities include:
Our first LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certified store is located in Tyler, Texas. FRESH by Brookshire’s received the LEED certification in 2011 for meeting the sustainable requirements for LEED Certification.
- High efficiency T5HO fluorescent fixtures
- Intelligent LED systems
- Operating strategy developed for energy optimization and product preservation.
- Refrigeration and HVAC systems continually commissioned and semi-annual preventative maintenance performed for maximum energy efficiency and reliability.
- Dedicated staff of refrigeration experts equipped with controls and monitoring equipment managing our systems for optimal efficiency.
- New store HVAC systems designed for robust moisture control and optimal energy efficiency.
Controls and Monitoring Systems
- HVAC and refrigeration controls
- Lighting controls
- Intelligent LED controls
- Energy monitoring via sub-metering
New Store Design Features
- Insulated exterior cooler panel wall sections.
- Reflective membrane roofs.
- Low density interior finishes to reduce both construction materials and required maintenance.