Customer Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
Brookshire Grocery Company stores accept legitimate manufacturer and store coupons subject to the guidelines provided below.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase. Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash at a later date without manager approval.
- Cashiers will accept coupons subject to the requirements provided on the coupon such as expiration date, product type, size, quantities, and dollar purchase limits.
- Coupons will not be accepted without the purchase of the item(s) required by the coupon.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for an amount greater than the purchase value of the item (no cash value).
- Only one manufacturer coupon may be redeemed for each item purchased.
- All physical coupons must have a barcode and will be scanned. All Mobile Coupons must have a valid coupon code.
- Limit of one manufacturer coupon per Buy One Get One offer.
- Buy One Get One coupon amounts will be redeemed for the lesser priced item.
- Doubling and tripling of coupons will be offered on a store by store basis as determined by Brookshire Grocery Co.
- Any item returned for a refund will be refunded for the actual price paid. The value of any coupon used to purchase the item will not be refunded.
- Management has the right to refuse any coupon or to limit quantities.
- Brookshire’s does not accept competitor coupons.
- Printable Coupons for "FREE product" (i.e., no purchase required) will not be accepted. It is an industry standard not to produce Printable Coupons for free products.
Mobile Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Only Mobile Coupons originating from Brookshire’s will be accepted.
- Mobile Coupons must include a valid coupon code.
- Mobile Coupons must be presented to the cashier from a mobile device.
- Mobile Coupon offers may not be combined with Load to Card, manufacturer or Printable Coupons for the same item (no “stacking”). The Mobile Coupon offer will NOT be applied if a manufacturer paper or Load to Card Coupon is also presented for the same item.
- Mobile Coupons are non-transferable.
Double/Triple Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Limit four double and/or triple coupons for any particular item. Additional LIKE product coupons will be redeemed at face value only.
- Customer must purchase products and sizes specified on the coupon.
- All coupon redemption is subject to stock on hand.
- Offer applies only to manufacturers’ cents-off coupons for items we carry and not to free coupons, Brookshire's store coupons or other retail food store coupons.
- Amount redeemed may equal, but cannot exceed the retail price of the item. Therefore, an item can be free if the value of the coupon when doubled or tripled equals or exceeds the price of the item. There is no refund of cash for the difference in excess of the retail price of the item.
- Collection of sales tax:
- TEXAS: On all coupons tax is collected on the NET value of taxable items (difference between retail price and cash rebate).
- LOUISIANA and ARKANSAS: On Manufacturers’ Coupons tax is collected on the retail value of taxable items before cash rebate. On “store coupons” tax is collected on the NET value of taxable items (difference between retail price and cash rebate).
General Rule for Double/Triple Coupons – Coupons over the advertised limit will be redeemed at face value.
Please refer to the Printable Coupons Acceptance Policy for more information and additional requirements.