Purpose of Policy
Consent to Policy
You must be at least 18 years of age to access or use the Site. If you are under the age of 18, you may access or use the Site only with the express permission of your parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner, or submit any information to the Site. By accessing the Site, shopping at Brookshire stores, or using the Products and Services, you are agreeing to the terms and practices set forth in this Policy and to the collection and use of the information described in this Policy. If you have any objections to this Policy, you should immediately discontinue use of the Site and the Products and Services and request that any information submitted to Brookshire be deleted by notifying us using the contact information provided below.
If you access or use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account and password created by you and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept all responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
The Information We Collect
When you access or visit the Site, shop at Brookshire stores, sign up for or use the Products and Services, or contact Brookshire, Brookshire may collect certain personal information from you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card information, or other information about you or your interests (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include “aggregate information,” which is information Brookshire collects or receives about a group or category of persons or services, such as demographic or statistical information, or “de-identified information,” which is information from which Brookshire has removed any Personal Information. We may provide aggregate information or other data about general groups of shoppers, shopping trends, or sales data to other companies to help them understand the demographics of our customers. Brookshire may use Personal Information or any other information we collect or receive, along with a record of your purchases and information related to your past use of the Products and Services, to provide products and services that are useful to you, to create merchandising and promotional programs, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user’s navigation on the Site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may use this information to offer savings awards and other promotions that are relevant to your purchase preferences such as personally tailored coupons, offers, or other information that may be provided to us from other companies. These offers may be delivered to you in-store, at home, or online. For example, we may request Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Application and Order Forms: If you submit an application or purchase a product or service through the Site or at a Brookshire store, we may request certain Personal Information from you. For example, you may be required to provide contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, email, and shipping address) or financial information (such as checking account information or credit/debit card number and expiration date). We use this information, as applicable, to process the application, fill your order, or for billing purposes.
- Surveys or Contests: From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Site in Brookshire stores. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor Site traffic and personalize the Site.
- Special Offers and Updates: We will send you information on products, services, special deals and promotions. You can sign up for these emails from us on the registration and/or Email Preferences page through the Site. We will refrain from marketing to you directly any services for which you have not opted-in, either by email or cell phone text message. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Choice/Opt-out” section below.
- Newsletters: If you wish to subscribe to our electronic newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we always provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe. Please see the “Choice / Opt-out” section below.
- Online Account Services: Based upon the personal information you provide us upon registering or signing-up for a customer account through the Site, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password for the Site. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, as needed.
Brookshire may share certain Personal Information associated with a customer’s Brookshire’s Thank You Card account (name, address, telephone number, and email address) with our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, and trusted business partners and their agents for the limited purpose of providing services or information to Brookshire or to our customers. We may also share certain Personal Information with third parties in order to operate the Site or conduct Brookshire business, as well as respond to your requests, concerns, or claims. Brookshire may disclose your Personal Information when required by law or legal process (including pursuant to court orders, subpoenas, interrogatories, or similar directive carrying the force of the law). We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable law, to protect the rights, property or safety of Brookshire, other Site users, our partners, affiliates, sponsors, providers, licensors, or merchants, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity. However, we will not rent or sell Personal Information to any nonaffiliated company or any outside party, except in connection with the sale of a pharmacy or other business unit, or as set forth in this Policy.
We provide the opportunity or choice to “opt-out” of providing your Personal Information or having your Personal Information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages or publications from us following the instructions included in the communication or publication you received. You may also request that we remove or update your Personal Information, that we not disclose your Personal Information, or change your “opt out” preference by notifying us using the contact information provided below. We will endeavor to process and respond to your request in a commercially reasonable time.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and other tools to create a “profile” of your preferences. We may tie your personal information, and your purchasing history, to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of the Site for you.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons)
We use clear gifs on the Site from Google Analytics and other third party vendors. This enables us to gauge the effectiveness of our services and marketing programs.
Links to Other Sites
Mobile Device Unique Identifier: When connecting to the Site via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, Brookshire may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality to you. Certain services may require our collection of your telephone number. We may associate that telephone number to the mobile device identification information. However, we will not use that telephone number or share your telephone number for the use of telemarketing. Physical Location: When you download Brookshire mobile applications, we obtain your consent to use information for pinpointing technology such as GPS and cell tower information. We may use and store this information, in combination with other location-based information such as IP address, billing postal code provided by your carrier or registration location, to provide enhanced location based services, serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To safeguard all information that we collect, we have instituted strict physical, electronic, and managerial policies and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of all data. For example, using secure socket layer technology (SSL), we encrypt sensitive information (such as a credit/debit card number) you enter through the Site. Once we receive data, it is re-encrypted prior to any storage. By default, payment card data is permanently destroyed within ninety-one (91) days of submission. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
BROOKSHIRE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE POLICY OR TERM OF USE AND WHEN BROOKSHIRE BELIEVES IT IS NECESSARY TO SHARE INFORMATION IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE SECURITY OF THE SITE OR BROOKSHIRE STORES, TO INVESTIGATE, PREVENT, OR TAKE ACTION REGARDING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, SUSPECTED FRAUD, SITUATIONS INVOLVING POTENTIAL THREATS TO THE PHYSICAL SAFETY OR WELL BEING OF YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON, OR AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Parents should always supervise their children while online. This website is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). So that we may comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under the age of thirteen (13) not provide any personal information on this website. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to Brookshire, please contact us immediately. A parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) may review and request deletion of a child’s Personal Information and prohibit its use.
Changes in this Policy
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at:
- By Mail:
- Brookshire Grocery Company
- Attn: We’re Listening
- P.O. Box 1411
- Tyler, Texas 75710
- By Telephone (Toll-Free): 1-888-WE RESPOND (1-888-937-3776)
- By Email: [email protected]
This Policy was last modified on July 29, 2016.